Neighbor Helping Neighbor
RuraLove works together with the community and the local churches in the community, to place names and needs of families in crisis in the hands of a local church. RuraLove helps the church meet physical needs through donations of clothing, food, furniture, etc., and asks the church to continue to visit and build relationships with the family in hopes to also meet spiritual needs.
For I was hungered, and ye gave me meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in. Naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.Matthew 25:35
How you can become involved in “RuraLove” Ministries:
- Donate good, clean serviceable items. Itemized list of donations required to receive a tax donation receipt.
- Donate financially. We operate totally on individual contributions and volunteer workers. We are a 501 (c) Non-Profit organization.
- Commit to be a volunteer. Sort, size, and hang clothing, pick up donated items, make some minor repairs to appliances or furniture, shelve donated items brought to the warehouse, calling volunteers to set up schedules and other miscellaneous chores.
- Any clean, working large appliance – NO built-in units, please
- Household furniture that is clean, not worn or torn, no smokers or pets in the house (due to allergies)
- All kitchen items
- Queen, full and twin mattresses and box springs (not soiled or worn)
- Sturdy bed frames
- Basically, any item needed to set up housekeeping
- We DO NOT ACCEPT pianos, organs, office furniture, large entertainment centers, TV’s, stereo’s in cabinet, sofa beds, infant car seats, cribs with drop side, propane heaters, crutches, push along fold up walkers, humidifiers, vaporizers, foot baths or VHS players.
We operate a thrift store with clothing for the whole family at a very minimal fee and tons of yard sale items – thrift store opens each Wednesday morning 8:00am- 12:30pm and first Saturday of the Month (April-November) 8am-12:30pm.
We are available to receive donations on Mondays from 7:00am – 9:30am Wednesdays from 7:00am – noon and the first Saturday April – November 7:00am – noon. To deliver large donations other times please call the Goshen Ministry Center, Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 1 pm and make arrangements. 540.894.8440
Sales on Saturday, April 2 and Wednesday the 6th were dedicated to Ukrainian Refugee Aid. The total sales for the two-day event were $2,560.00. Thank you to our patrons who supported this effort.