WMU – Missions
Woman’s Missionary Union of Goshen sponsors monthly mission opportunities in which the local church may choose to participate. The varied ministries provide items needed to minister to people locally and abroad by:
providing ministry to SAFE and Hope Houses, local pregnancy centers and homeless shelters and ministries
- providing support ministries to child protective agencies
- providing carebears and comfort dolls for our local police, fire, and rescue squads
- providing school supplies and other items for children in need beginning the new school year. Items given to the local school for distribution. (Christmas in July/August)
- providing shoe boxes filled with personal hygiene items, toys, etc. for the Samaritan’s Purse Ministry
- providing support for Chaplain K. Willett, Goochland WCC – financially and with needed supplies
Prison Fellowship Angel Tree – providing Christmas gifts for children whose parent(s) is incarcerated. The gifts are from the parent to the child.
Goshen Mission Offering – Week of Prayer
The Goshen Mission Offering (GMO) and Week of Prayer is traditionally the third week of May each year. The goal and allocations are approved by the Advisory Council upon recommendation from the Board of Directors. The May Goshen News is dedicated to the promotion of the GMO. A packet of promotional materials will be provided for each church to reproduce to promote the week and gleaning. All GMO funds are allocated to special mission activities not supported by the regular Ministry Budget.
2022 GMO is May 15-22
Allocations: RuraLove, Partnership Mission projects and Property & Grounds upgrades.
Click here to reach the National WMU website.
Click here to reach the Virginia WMU website.